A great video ad usually does one or more of these four things: Educate, Entertain, Inform, or Demonstrate.
When in doubt or short on experience, keep your videos short. People are scrolling through their news feed in a sort of hypnotic state, and therefore trying to stuff their heads will all kinds of facts and interesting things about your business is a waste of time.
Try doing videos that are one minute or less. We also do videos that are 30 seconds, 15 seconds, and even 7 seconds. Later, you can test longer videos that are 1-2 minutes or even longer. But be cautious about longer videos and being able to hold attention for that long.
Remember, this is a conversation, not a transaction. We don’t need to convert them to a believer on their first conversation with us. Keep it short, keep it tight.
Don’t be afraid to test vastly different visual elements in your videos. There’s not one way to create a video. You can mix videos that are fast moving, colorful, black and white, slideshows, stock images, candid images, etc.
You can test different formats like landscape (16:9 format), portrait (4:5 or 9:16), or square (1:1).
You can test different types of background music, sound/no sound, captions/no captions, or text overlays. We’ve often found that adding captions increases engagement and consumption.
The sky is the limit when it comes to video Creative.
To help fuel my own Creative ideas, I like to save any posts that catch my eye and that I can potentially model and use in my own advertising or for my clients.
Here’s some video samples to help inspire you:
How To Get a Great Message In Your Video Ads
One strategy we use to create effective video ads is to use probing questions:
- What is the one thing you do better than anyone in your industry?
- What is the one thing customers/clients/patients love about you or your company?
- Why do you do what you do? What got you started?
- What is one thing you want your customers/clients/patients to know about you or your company?
- What is a big elephant in the room in your industry that you are trying to call attention to?
- What one thing are your trying to change about your industry?
- What can you do for me?
- How do you transform the lives of your clients/customers/patients?
If you just pay attention to answering these questions in your ad, you will beat 80% of the advertisers out there. These are the questions people will be asking as they have a marketing conversation with you.
If you need help with Facebook or YouTube strategies, please reach out to us below.